Sunday, 13 May 2012

Gluten Free sandwich bread in the food processor

Despite all those cracks, it taste just right...
I thought it was not fair that the boys had bread with their dinner and I didn't. After all, it is Mother's Day. I only really had 45 minutes to come up with something and my computer's battery was running low, so I couldn't spend too much time looking for a recipe. I felt brave today, maybe it was the perfect day to remind me what I could do. I thought: "I gave birth, I can do anything". In those moments, more time than not I need to remind myself that this is not a good idea to try just about anything especially in the kitchen and when my well being is at stake but this time, against all odds, it worked. I have made a sandwich bread, that has the texture of one and that tastes like one. Only mistake, I made it in the wrong dish, hence having a flat sandwich bread. Don't be fooled by the cover, the inside is a real love story.

Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cup of warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp of active dried yeast
- 1 tsp of honey
- 3/4 cup of brown rice flour
- 1 cup of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup of potato starch
- 1/4 cup of millet flour
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs (I use size 7)
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp of honey


1- Spray a dish with oil.
2- Mix the warm water with the honey. Add the yeast, put it aside to froth.
3- In a large bowl, mix all the flours and salt.
4- In the bowl of your food processor (with your dough attachment), crack the eggs, add the vinegar, coconut oil and honey. Start wizzing away. Add the yeast mixture.
5- Stop the food processor and pour all the flour mixture. Wizz again until everything is well combined.
6- Dump the dough into the prepared tin, cover with a plastic film sprayed with oil as well and leave in a warm place to double in size.
7- Pre heat the oven to 200Degree C and bake the bread for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.


Happy Baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment