Sunday, 27 May 2012

Burger anyone? That is if you want Burger cookies




I have prepared those as yet another "Thank You" present. I wanted something original and not so classic as it is for a man. I had some Chocolate Shortbread dough ( you can find the recipe here: http://thebakingfrog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/say-thank-you-with-shortbread-cookies.html) left and I thought I should just try to make something out of it but I didn't want to make the same or similar cookies I usually make... And then it came to me, I will use the Chocolate Shortbread Cookies to make "meat patties" in a cookie burger.

I made Vanilla Wafers (recipe below), baked the Chocolate Shortbreads in a mini muffin pan, dipped them in milk chocolate, dyed some shredded coconut with green food colouring, made some Red Royal Icing and Bob's your uncle.

For the Vanilla Wafers: I have found the recipe on this site: http://bakingbites.com/2008/07/mini-vanilla-wafer-cookies/

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup of butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder

Preheat the oven to 325 Degree F (or 160 Degree C) and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugars until light. Beat in the egg and vanilla exctract.
Sift the flour, salt and baking powder over the butter mixture and stir to combine. Scrap dough into a pastry bag fitted with a plain pipping tip. My dough was too stiff so I used a teaspoon and roled the cookies into balls then flattened them a little.
Bake for about 15 minutes until cookies are a light golden brown.
Cool on a baking rack.

Assembly of the burgers:

1- Dip the shortbread in melted milk chocolate. Place them on a piece of parchment paper and leave in the fridge to set.
2- Pair up the vanilla wafers that will make your burgers. Choose the top and bottom.
3- Spread the bottom with a little melted chocolate.
4- Place the "patties" on the bottom of the burger.
5- Sprinkle the "green coconut" over the patties.
6- Spread the Red Royal Icing on the inside of the top of the burger and add a bit more "lettuce" to the outside.
7- Place the top of the burger over the patties.
8- Enjoy!!!!





Happy Baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment