Saturday, 5 May 2012

Banana chocolate roll


Ok I admit this is not much of a recipe but if you crave a warm chocolatey dessert (that is gluten free as well) this is for you.
I had made some buckwheat crepes earlier in the week and froze them. They do freeze well however I had folded them and they broke at the fold so next time I will freeze them flat. You can find the recipe here: http://thebakingfrog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/gluten-and-dairy-free-stuffed-crepes.html.

I spread each one with the nut and dark chocolate butter I had made earlier as well (http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/12/4-ingredient-dark-chocolate-almond-butter/) but any type of spread is ok.

I rolled the banana in the chocolate spread crepe and put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C. The edges became crispy and the banana was nice and soft in the middle.

I then melted some more chocolate in the microwave (I used Toblerone) and drizzle (or slapped) it on the crepes.

You should have seen the joy in my son's eyes when he realised that was dessert. Apparently I was not being fast enough with the fork feeding him so he would just reach his little hand and was grabbing some pieces himself.



My husband's verdict: he needed at least another 6 servings to be able to tell me if he liked it or not (He! He!) and it would have been even better with vanilla ice cream....

Happy Baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment