Friday, 6 April 2012

Gluten Free Pasta- Take 2




The GF pasta I had made previously were nice but not the whole family liked them and I don't like making 2 different dinner... Too much time and too many dishes. So I gave it another try. I have found this recipe on a French site: http://sanslaitsansgluten.over-blog.net/.
The miracle happened. My husband loved them so much so that I managed to serve them 2 days in a row. The bonus is that it requires less ingredients and is easier to make than the other one.

Ingredients:
350g of gluten free flour (I use 2/3 of rice flour and 1/3 of tapioca flour)
4 eggs
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Mix the flours directly on the working surface.
Make a well in the centre.
Beat the eggs slightly and mix in with the flours.
If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour; if it feels too dry add another egg.
Leave it aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
Roll as thin as possible and cut with either a knife or a cookie cutter. I used my new pasta maker which I have to admit I am very happy about :)
Cook in boiling, salted water for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain well. Drizzle some olive oil over them and toss them a bit so they won't stick together. Serve immediately.

We had ours with home made bolognese and a good helping of cheese for the boys.



And here is a pic of my kitchen afterwards:


Happy cooking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment