Saturday, 29 October 2011

Very easy Biscotti

When my husband and I go out for a coffee I usually buy my son a Biscotti. He loves it and I prefer he eats that rather than the chocolate fish accompanying the fluffy I generally order him. Since my husband recently had surgery to his knee and is home bound, I decided to bring the Café to us so not only is our little espresso machine but we have our own Biscotti. My parents were here as well for the last couple of days and when I made the first batch my Dad really liked it so I made 3 different ones:
- crystalised ginger, dried apricots and hazelnuts
- cranberry, white chocolate and almonds
- cacao, hazelnuts and cranberries.

Here is the basic recipe:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of self- raising flour
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- Nuts and dried fruit of your choice.

Preheat the oven to 180 Degree C.
Put the sugar in a medium bow with the eggs. Mix well until combined. Add the flours and the dried fruit and nuts.
Put the dough on a lightly floured work surface and bring everything together.
Shape it into 2 logs and place them onto a baking tray lined with some baking paper and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Turn the oven down to 150 Degree C.
Take the logs out of the oven and let them cool on a tray for about 10 minutes.
Slice the logs and place the slices back onto the baking tray. Bake for a further 30 minutes. Leave to cool on a tray.

Here are some pics of the ones I made. There were more than that but I had to make a little bag for my Dad to take away.




No comments:

Post a Comment