Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Meringues- pavlova style




I had 4 eggs whites left from some curds I made earlier in the week so I decided to make a pav... But then I had a big sugar craving and decided to make little meringue treats for me to get my sugar fix.
I have found the recipe a couple of years on the New Zealand Herald website.



Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt
220g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp cornflour


Preheat the oven to 110 Degree C. 



Whisk egg whites and salt until soft foam.



Gradually whisk in the sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Whisk in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour.









Turn on to the prepared tray, shaping into an 18-20cm circle, drawing the mixture up high and smoothing off the top. (I didn't take a picture of the meringue on the tray since I made mini ones)
 
Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Do not open the oven during cooking.

Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven.

When completely cold, decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit or passionfruit pulp.

Almost as soon as the first batch came out of the oven 4 of them disappeared... I then dipped some in chocolate and they were even better. 

And here is the result:


Then dipped in chocolate:





I also made some bigger ones that looked like nests... and I will not tell how many I ate, but surely meringues have to be good for you, they are so light. Happy Baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment