Friday, 28 October 2011

Latest Birthday cakes- Merliah the Mermaid and All Blacks Jersey

Last week end was my nephew's First Birthday and my niece's 5th Birthday. They had a combined party and I made their cakes.
My niece wanted a Merliah Mermaid cake and she loves chocolate. I made the bottom tier an orange and white chocolate cake and the "rock" where Merliah is sitting is made out of Red Devil Chocolate cake and a Chocolate Mousse frosting. I bought a dolly and made the tail entirely out of fondant, as well as the bra. The Dolphin is made out of white chocolate.
Here are a couple of pics:



My sister- in aw had asked me to make a All Backs Rugby Jersey for my nephew. This was a simple chocolate cake with vanilla frosting covered in fondant. The accents are made by hand in Royal Icing.





No comments:

Post a Comment