Sunday, 10 June 2012

Quick, easy 3 or 4 ingredients choc pudding (in the microwave)

Took me a minute and 30 seconds to make this
decadent chocolate cake
Did I mention it is Gluten and Dairy Free too... And healthy???!!! Do not adjust your screen (or glasses) this is not a typo.

I came across this beauty when one night I made my son's pudding and got the time wrong on the microwave (must've been one of those nights).
Despite baking a lot I am not really resourceful when it comes to puddings for my little one. I just generally make him a chocolate porridge with pieces of dried fruitsor mashed banana. The purpose is mainly to get him full so we can all have a full night sleep. Did I mention he is a lazy eater?! This dessert works used to work fine for me. Now that he has tasted the 1 minute pudding, there is no going back.

So to the recipe (today also seems to be the ideal day to have one for afternoon tea since iti s cloudy and cold here)
For 1 person.

Spray a breakfast bowl with oil.

Ingredients:
-1/2 of oats (processed into flour)
- 2 tsps of baking cocoa (I have not tried with drinking cocoa powder but it should work, adjust the sugar they generally contain some as well as milk powder)
- 2 tsps of agave syrup (or honey)
- 3 Tblsps of soy milk approx

Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the milk and mix until it ressembles a thick cake batter. You may require some more milk.

Spray a breakfast bowl or ramekin (if you don't want yours to look flat and miserable like mine). Pour the mixture in the bowl and microwave for 1 minute. It generally only takes that long, however if you have put too much milk you might see that it is not completely cooked, so put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.

Enjoy it!!!! It tastes really decadent and give you an immediate chocolate fix.

Variations:
I made this for my little one last night except I added half a mashed banana and reduced the milk a little. It was very nice and almost the whole bowl was devoured.
I also made mine (pictured) with coconut milk instead of soy milk. It was delicious! It tasted rich and the coconut milk definitely brought the chocolate flavour out. I ate 3/4 of it and just finished the rest as I was typing this recipe and it taste very nice, very nice indeed.

Make this is a big bowl with a chocolate ganache or some cream on the side next time you have guests and let them think you have been sweating over a hot oven all day, they won't taste the difference.

Looking around for similar recipes after my first and I have found a very similar recipe om Chocolate Covered Katie if you wanted to try this one as well: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/19/single-serving-mocha-chocolate-cake/ with a few more ingredients and a different variation on flavour.

Happy Baking everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment