Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Caramelised pineapple and homemade ice cream (choc sauce optional)

I bought a whole pineapple a couple of days ago but to encourage my son to eat more fresh fruit. When I tasted the fruit, it was very blend, not sweet and juicy as you would expect. I made fruit kebabs with some of it

and tonight I decided to caramelize the rest with a sugar syrup (made out of 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a little water). I served it with some homemade low fat ice cream which is just a tin of Light Evaporated Milk whisked with icing sugar and vanilla extract until nice and think and put in the freezer until needed.
My husband wanted some chocolate sauce so I just microwave some with a little milk (maybe not enough, it was quite a thick sauce) and crushed walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment