Monday, 25 April 2011

My first experience making Pretzels


This is something I have been wanting to try for a while. They have the reputation to be healthy and we could use healthy snacks around Easter so yesterday afternoon, after our guests were gone, I gave them a try.
I used the recipe I have found on this website: .
I thought I would substitute half of the white flour with wholemeal to go that extra step towards healthy and I'm not sure if this is why they turned out to be more chewy than I expected. I also thought they would have a crunchy crust because the temperature was quite high but they weren't. All in all they tasted good and this morning I cut one in half and added slices of ham and cheese and that definitely works... Not sure about the healthy side of the pretzel now...




Here is one with the slice of cheese and ham. My husband had a couple for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment