Thursday, 8 December 2011

Mini vanilla macaroons with while chocolate, NZ Boysenberry Patisserie Filling and cream filling

I was recently selected to be a member of a review group for a new product called Barker's of Geraldine. The product is New Zealand Boysenberries Patisserie Filling. I absolutely loved it and I would recommend that anyone who likes baking but doesn't always have the time to to simply get it. It is conveniently packaged and delicious. I just mixed mine with some cream, a little icing sugar and melted white chocolate. It tastes divine and I'm not really a sweet tooth. 
For the macaroons I got the recipe from this site: http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/archives/1982. I was a bit worried because it is nothing like the recipe I generally use but the macaroons turned out very good. I had to play around with the cooking though since my big oven caught on fire last week end and I am left with a tiny convection oven. I baked my 2 first batches according to the recipe and the other 2 at 130 Degree C for 20 minutes. The last 2 batches are much better and crunchier. 

Here is what I did for the filling:
In a heatproof bowl prepare the white chocolate (if using bars, cut them into pieces; we are making a ganache). Bring 205ml (1 cup) of cream to a boil and pour over the white chocolate. Leave for 5 minutes or so and mix to make sure all the chocolate has melted and there are no bits left. Leave it to cool. Once cool, add the NZ boysenberry Patisserie Filling and mix well. 

Once your macaroons have cooled down fully, spread some of the prepared cream. Put them in the fridge so the cream will set thanks to the white chocolate and tada...



No comments:

Post a Comment