Sunday, 24 July 2011

Chocolate Rugby Cake (All Blacks and Ireland)

This is my latest creation.


My former manager, Debbie asked me to make Birthday cakes for her son's Birthdays (which are a week apart).
Her oldest likes Rugby and chocolate. I thought since he is part Irish and New Zealander I would display both teams on the cake and since it was about Rugby, add a ball. I wanted the ball to be carved but I didn't realize/ remember how bad my carving skills were. In hindsight I should have hired a rugby ball shaped cake tin and used that... but from the feedback that Debbie gave me it was a success, so I am a little more pleased than I was when I took those pics. So this is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, covered in fondant and the accents are Royal Icing.


I tried to pipe the official Rugby World Cup 2011 logo but my icing was too runny.
The jerseys are cake pops mixture covered in fondant. Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment