Friday, 23 March 2012

Decorated cakes- 2010

Right I have a bit of time on my hands (that doesn't happen often) so I thought I would post some more decorated cakes before I head to the kitchen and bake some more.

This is a Birthday cake I made for a friend's Mother. She really enjoyed playing Tennis so I made this. The rackets are made in fondant and the cords are pipped with Royal Icing. The cake was chocolate covered with green fondant for the court and the lines are made out of Royal Icing.


Those were for one of my colleagues Birthday. It was a very last minute thing since we only decided to get something together the night before. I thought the theme of green and blue suited him.



This was for a very nice lady who used to work with my Husband. This was her Birthday and I'm not sure why but when I think of her I think "yellow" maybe because she looks so bright and happy every time I see her. This was a Banana cake (if my memory serves me right) covered in butter cream. The roses are handmade out of butter cream as well.




My Brother- in Law had to go overseas to work for a while. He is really into Kombi and since he has one, I tried to reproduce his as best as I could. Again that was a spur of the moment and it took me about 8 hours to make it from baking to the finish product. I finished with the pipping at around midnight. It was a lot of fun making it though. He liked it so much that he refused to cut it. It was a coffee cake with coffee butter cream.



One night I discovered Bakerella's website and I wanted to try those cupcake cake pops. I took them to work and they were a hit. They were made out of chocolate cake and cream cheese, dipped into dark chocolate and the top into Blue chocolate (Wilton). I added hundreds and thousands and a M&M's.






This was a chocolate cheesecake I made and decorated for my last day at work, the white layer is a home made chantilly and the flowers are hand made in Royal Icing. The pops are Apple pie pops.






Just as I was leaving work on annual leave, the lady who replaced me had a her daughter turning 1 so she asked if I could make her some cupcakes with a Princess crown on it. They were vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream and the crowns were made out of fondant.

I will put up a few more later on. Happy Baking everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment